Stressed for the Test?
Try a deep breathing exercise to reduce anxiety.
- Inhale for 4 seconds
- Hold the breath for 7 seconds
- Exhale for 8 seconds
- Pay attention during review sessions in class.
- Use the back side of this form to take notes on how to study for each exam.
- Study for 15 minutes, take a 5 minute brain break, repeat.
Test Taking Tips
- Read the directions carefully.
- Answer questions you are confident about first.
- Pace yourself.
- Brain Dump: Write down important dates, formulas, and people right away so you can use for reference later.
Exams at Oakwood
- NO hanging out in our halls and/or elementary schools on exam days.
- Lunch will NOT be served on exam days.
- If school is cancelled on an exam day, the exams would stay on the same schedule.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes before the exam; you must stay in testing room for at least 1 hour.
- If you have 3 exams on Thursday, you may move 1 to Wednesday or Friday (with teacher permission).